They’re a terrific movement to add to any pressing or overhead performance day, such as before strong bench press workouts, in warm-up areas before weightlifting meets, or even after throwing a no-hitter in the bullpen. Face pulls are an underappreciated exercise that builds important shoulder and scapular stability for heavy pressing motions and allows you to train harder every day.
How to Perform a Face Pull
A step-by-step tutorial for doing the face pull may be found below. This article will show you how to do the face pull with a resistance band, but the action may be done with a number of tools.
- Set the wire equipment at a height that is about the same as under your mid-chest.
- Pull the bar with an elegant touch until the cable becomes stretched, but don’t raise the weights anymore. Your wrists should be extended in front of you at this moment.
- Place your feet in a split stance with one foot slightly ahead of the other, or keep them hip-width apart. Choose whatever helps you feel the most secure in this situation.
- Compress your neck and shoulders together and extend your elbows to the sides, avoiding pulling your shoulder blades to your temples.
- Compress your neck and shoulders and hold for four seconds, then slowly return to your initial position. Try your best to not let it snap back into place, as this could hurt your back. Slowly execute each repetition of this face pulls workout to keep your body safe.
How to Maximize the Benefits of the Face Pull
It’s not a strength movement, and you shouldn’t train with a lot of weight since that’s not what it’s for. However, you’ll notice a change in your training and go through the muscles involved, as well as the advantages, workout instructions, advice, and variants.
- The rear deltoids and upper back muscles are the muscles to target.
- A cable pulley machine is required.
- Intermediate level
Well, how do face pulls?
To begin, pick a weight that you can comfortably perform at least 10 repetitions with. You can train heavier as you progress, but there’s no requirement to lift maximum poundages with the face pull. It’s a good all-around workout that you should do just like any other muscle group, but with appropriate technique. If you want to do the face pull before any other exercise, start with a modest weight for a few sets and then gradually increase the weight for two sets in a sequence of 30% and 50-60% of your one-rep max.